Welcomes You...

to feed your senses on its treasures

Friday, July 30, 2010

The Best Revenge

The world has hurt me
bit and ripped me apart
i have bled enough already
nothing's left of this heart

i have had a wound carved
bold in every loved one's name
but it is only now that i understand
the twisted rules of this vicious game

there's no more monstrous anger
that i desire to lash out
i shall save it for my parched pride
to feed and dissolve all self-doubts

i shall remove
every torn memory long saved
soothe it with peace risen from its ashes
and bury it in its righteous grave

so this is my best revenge
if i brush past any long lost painful deed
i will sing out the songs sprung from my deepest anguish
smile,walk by,unblemished and freed.


© Dr. Manvi Gupta 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment