Welcomes You...

to feed your senses on its treasures

Thursday, January 30, 2014

my Drug...

i wonder why nothing ever touches
or moves me
i'm a dead body walking
can't feel a thing
the mechanical act
of breathing barely manages  
to keep me functioning
keep running everywhere
out of desperation
begging,hopeless and despaired
sinking deeper into
the pit of nothingness
blind to my passion
deaf to my voice
unfeeling to the spark within
constantly questioning it
trying my best to drive it away
letting my defeats try to squash it
so at least 
once it dies
i could then hold its ashes
in my hands
and bleed
feel something,somehow ...

and as now in this moment
as the notes nourish my senses
as my lips form the words
i can barely hear
pain oozes out of my every pore
tears caress the smile
that comes on the face of the
one who sees a net
appear out of nowhere
catching him from his free fall
at the final second
when he's very nearly 
embraced his end
the relief...that god
you are not dead
you who created the drug
that breathes life into me
that stirs in my bosom
that balms my wounded soul
that makes the pit of my stomach wrench
that awakens my will
that steals sleep from my eyes,hunger from my body
as if its the most natural thing
and when the high wears me out
i float in the sweet esctacy of possibilities
as time waits for me to plug back in
all over again
you, my drug, my music
i hope to be hopelessly addicted to you...
forever.

Mani, 1 am, 30th January, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment