Welcomes You...

to feed your senses on its treasures

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Empty house!

They warned me against you
What a monster they made you out to be
But my empty house
You're just as lonely as me.

Infact you're better off,for you give refuge to a needy like me
I on the other hand am home to insecurities that greedily feed on me

You keep waiting for a day when i'd welcome myself in without a frown
Without looking at us both with self pity while i shut the world out

You wait with open arms
for me to embrace you
I am fidgety
till i dont manage to escape you

I associate a day with success
when i see you only at the fag end
too occupied to spend time with you,
i conveniently pretend

I traded my comfort for freedom
that's something you never let me forget
i see your bare walls in place of people i should have kept

i wish i was as empty as you, so there was room for beautiful thoughts to fill me inside
But instead within me 
Endless emptyness resides

So im back-my empty house
This time greeting you with a smile
im sure we'll get along
like a house on fire...

No comments:

Post a Comment