Welcomes You...

to feed your senses on its treasures

Friday, January 22, 2016

Friend

You've been the only one
whose been there
Through thick & thin
Walking beside me 
Always reassuring me 
That i can crash into you 
Any time i need to
I can take you for granted
I can use and throw you

You dont judge me
You accept me as who i am
and who i'm not
Your silence reveals profound lessons
You let me fly in my mind
And when the need arises
You bring me to my knees

You know my truth
You know my lies
You bring out the tears
To soothe me
Youre my blessing
Youve been my curse
You brought out my insanity after all
You unleashed my demons
forcing me to confront them

You exploit my fragility
You slap me in my face
You're my biggest ally
Youre my partner in crime
You boost me up
You shame me
Whatever you do
You bring me closer to myself
You watch over me
But never question my freedom
You keep my insides churning
My heart aching
So it never forgets to beat
You make me feel guilty
But eventually forgive me
When the realisation dawns on me

You're harsh
You dont mince words
I'm no longer afraid of you
People often ask me if i have ever commited to anything in life
Yes i can sheepishly say-
Ive been commited to
Running away from you
Except when i steal brief moments of you and turn into a melancholic poet
I'm sorry,
i havent valued you enough
please lets give it another try
Im sure we'll learn to enjoy each others company

Come embrace me
Come lets have a drink,
a smoke, together
Come my solitude
lets be friends again...

No comments:

Post a Comment