Welcomes You...

to feed your senses on its treasures

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Abstract Painting

An Abstract Painting,
Oblivious,
to what it was
conceived to evoke;
Hanging onto
some meaningless wall;
Trying to camouflage
somehow into
a starkly loud background.
Lines
crashing all over;
Patterns
repeating and criss crossing
for no good reason;
My real self
blotted by ink drops;
My fancies
absorbed by the canvas;
My future washed up with
ornamental tones;
Etched by a brush
steered by a hand ,
i will never know or recognise;
To manifest some absurd theme
no one can quite understand.
Bold impressions some places
otherwise blank spaces.
What were you thinking
my Master Painter?
How many times
during this creation
did you change your mind?
Were there
any dreams in your eyes?
Did you dilute
my thoughts too much?
Did you spill in
too many Blues?
Looks like you accidently
mixed Black with White
for its become all Grey now.
Sometimes your brush moved
way too harshly;
Sometimes so delicately
as if to caress me;
Sometimes it barely seemed
to touch me at all.
You chalked out
Starry nights
that silhouetted to reveal
Light Blue skies.
At times,
you simply painted
the grass far Greener
on the other side.
You carved the Scarlet letter
on my heart,
and then schematically
Varnished it
with some sweet Baby Pink
childhood memories;
Cleverly contrasted
with a,hard to forget
Incandescent adolescence.
So now i turn White
at the thought
of starting afresh,
Pretending
there are no layers
beneath this coat.
I realise-
My lines
can be coloured
can be covered
but cannot be erased;
My basic texture
can falter
can be altered
but cannot be fazed.
I wonder
what will your genius
create next?
whilst i marvel at
your flawless craftsmanship.
I admit,sometimes
foolishly enough,
lost to the obvious shades
from your palette;
My being doesnt realise
it is the embodiment,
the breathing Canvas itself;
the fortunate beholder
of your artistic expression;
The small yet significant part
of a greater Panorama.
And thereafter i see
the Blacks,Greys
even the Blues
blend beautifully,
in perfect harmony
into a luminous Gold
ever-enriching
mystical Masterpiece.

© Dr. Manvi Gupta 2010 www.manvigupta.com

2 comments:

  1. @FinGuru-Thank you so much for giving me time when i waz still writing this one n for the amazing perspective,which i have used towards the end,dont think i have been able to put it az well as you put it,but i think it still is the perfect ending to this thought! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mr.Shail Gulati-thank you so much for giving my work ur time,thought,energy and ur invaluable inputs,it meanalot.I have made some changes in the original draft,keeping your suggestions in mind,especially with regards to the ending,i hope it has improved somewhat to your satisfaction :)

    ReplyDelete