Welcomes You...

to feed your senses on its treasures

Saturday, March 27, 2010

i am


i am...
perhaps
a soldier
distrusting my arms
a sage
incapable of keeping my calm
a mystic
unsure of my powers
a free spirit
caged in lost hours
a dreamer
scared to fall asleep
giver of promises
that i cannot keep
a visionary
hesitant to tread on a new path
a strategist
uncertain of the aftermath
a gambler
anxious of taking a chance
a realist
living in a permanent trance
a wanderer
reluctant to head for the unknown
a leader
dreading to walk alone
a rebel
fearful to question
uneasy to peep into
my own reflection
unsettled about  my past
afraid of my future
wary of myself
as much as of any other
awkward to be happy
aquainted with pain
terrified of making
the same mistakes again
an explorer
yearning to discover new world's
but unwilling
to even leave my room
desperately seeking
the sanctuary of bliss
seemingly heading
to the asylum of doom
i am though
the tempest itself
that has brewed up
passions galore
i realise
i am as much
the north star
that shall guide my ship
home to placid shores.
what ever hurdles
life designs in my plans
i shall endeavour
to do the best that i can
a tireless Warrior
determined to stand strong
that is truly who
i am...

© Dr. Manvi Gupta 2010 www.manvigupta.com

3 comments:

  1. Like some one said, "you are what you think you are".
    Your never say die spirit is what I love, your hunger to learn is amazing, and your passion for life is great too.

    But its just your lazy bum which you need to work on :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Finguru-Bum Chiki-Chiki Bum ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i cannot guarantee my nature, said the snake, quickening his pace ,to cuddle around the yogi,
    i may bite still.
    Not sure of yourself, smiled the Yogi. never mind, my mysticism shall introduce you to a self more expansive than imagination itself:)
    nice poem Manvi,carry on the beautiful sojourn ..:)

    ReplyDelete